Saturday 3 August 2024

Zimbabwe's Spirit Mediums Have Spoken To Me Again!


by Kudakwashe Kanhutu 

They want me to write another Book... What most acquaintances do not realise is that I write not because I want to, but because it is my National Duty. I have no choice in the matter. None whatsoever. I am a descendant of the great Scribes of the Great Zimbabwe State. circa. 1500AD.

Everyone knows that my Rural Home is now in the Zambezi Valley in Zimbabwe, but what is not common knowledge is how we arrived there. I will tell you: we arrived in the Zambezi Valley with Prince Nyatsimba Mutota when he left Great Zimbabwe to look for Salt and establish his dominion further North of the Capital. My Great Great Great Grandfather was a Soldier and Chronicler of events on that Expedition. He didn't return to Great Zimbabwe at the end of that mission, and thus we have lived in the Zambezi valley for over 500 years.

In this "retirement," my ancestor taught his craft to his progeny, and thus the role of Soldier and Chronicler has been a calling for any of his descendants who have had the gift.

To be sure, there have been generations when we have had neither a Soldier nor a Scribe in the family line, even rarer has been having the different skill sets in one person. In this regard then, I am my ancestor incarnate, and the Spirit Mediums oblige me when they give me their instructions directly...

I wrote my first ever Book on their instruction. When I completed that Book, I thought it was time to rest on my laurels for eternity. I was wrong. The Spirit Mediums have asked, . . no, have instructed me to write another Book to fill the gaps in understanding that still subsist in our Nation. Who am I to refuse an instruction from such a high place?? #NationalDuty #History #Books #HeroesDay #Zimbabwe 🇿🇼.

No comments:

Post a Comment